What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files which are transferred to your computer or mobile when you visit a website or app.
They are widely used by website developers and pose no security risk to you or your device(s), but can be linked to you and your identity, so we want to be clear as to why we use them.
We use them to:
- Remember information about you, so you don’t have to give it to us again. And again.
- Keep you signed in, even on different devices
- Help us understand how people are using our Service, so we can make it better
- Help us personalize the website and our Service to you by remembering your preferences and settings
Different cookies that we use
This section is not exhaustive, and we may change the cookies that we set over time, but we’ve added it to illustrate the mix of first-party cookies and third-party cookies that we may use:
These are cookies we set directly and which impact the functionality and features available to you within the Sequence website or our Service, such as the Sequence dashboard if you’re a customer.
- Cookies set by our website (it’s hosted in Webflow and we use the Finsweet cookie consent plugin to ensure we’re compliant with cookie laws)
- Cookies set when you log in with us or create a session
- Cookies set by Metabase, an open source data analytics tool we offer to customers to help them visualize and understand the data they have in their accounts with us
These cookies are set by other companies that we’ve carefully chosen in order to provide some additional functionality to help us manage your account or experience with us.
- Google Analytics, which helps us see which parts of our website and product are useful and visited often
- Sentry, which helps us debug issues that customers may experience in our product
How can I control cookies?
You have the right to accept or reject some or all of the cookies that we may try to set, though doing some might affect your experience of our product.
Typically, you’ll get the choice to accept or deny cookies when you first visit us, and we remember this choice.
Most browsers will also give you control over which cookies a site can set, the retention period for them, and the option to delete any that have already been set.
Cookies for the purpose of advertising
None of the cookies we set or track are related to advertising, other than to help us identify parts of our website or Service that existing customers or new visitors may be interested in. We do not share data with others for the purposes of marketing to you.
A full list of companies with whom we may share data as part of operating our Service can be found on the subprocessors page.
Protecting your privacy
Sequence is a UK-based company, and as such we strive to make sure we comply with UK and EU regulations such as GDPR.